*Update on Sunday the 24th of May:
Nearly two weeks into the easing of Lockdown now and its still not definitive whether we will or won’t be able to reopen on the 4th of July. Schools are proving to be a good initial test case with quite a bit of resistance to them reopening but with some certain that they can provide a safe environment saying that they definitely will.
We are still working hard to be ready for a complete start on the 4th of July with a newly resurfaced track, our two Yurts now fully self contained and the site looking as lovely as ever. I have had to make two adjustments to keep everyone private and separate. We will unfortunately not be reopening the communal Woodland Sauna and the new Wood Fired Hot Tub will be allocated exclusively to the Treehouse until we are in safer territory. Im crossing my fingers that we will see you on site very soon.
* Update on Monday the 11th of May:
We have some news! It’s a little uncertain but the lockdown is now in a phased easing.
Stages one and two running from this Wednesday, the 13th of May, through to Saturday the 4th of July are still keeping the hospitality industry in lockdown;
‘Leaving your home – the place you live – to stay at another home for a holiday or other purpose is not allowed. This includes visiting second homes.
Premises such as hotels and bed and breakfasts will remain closed, except where providing accommodation for specific reasons set out in law, such as for critical workers where required for a reason relating to their work.’
Stage three starting on the 4th of July, ‘subject to further detailed scientific advice’, will see us able to open our doors again providing we can meet the stringent cleaning and safety practices now required.
It’s not any guarantee but it is a glimmer of hope that we may be able to offer you a holiday again later this Summer. Now that we have concrete news that we won’t be opening for June I will be getting in touch with those guests who have June bookings to move or cancel them.
Thank you so much for your patience with this. Rest assured that we won’t be doing anything until it is safe to do so but that we are also very aware that you deserve a holiday after all this!
*Update on Wednesday the 6th of May:
Well, it seems like a long time of lockdown stasis now but we are starting to get hints that things are going to change soon.
The government is consulting with certain industries this week over its plans to ease lockdown and we should hear this Sunday what this policy will be. Whilst we do not expect to be one of the first industries to be allowed to reopen, we are optimistic that the self contained nature of our properties will allow us to be one of the earliest holiday industries to offer stays.
It is becoming clear that when we do reopen we will be having to review the way that we operate to ensure that we provide a safe environment for guests and also for the local community and I will be working on a plan for this immediately. Do keep coming back to this page for the latest information and once I know more about a potential reopening date you will be the first to know.
*Update on Friday the 11th of April:
The government are still resisting any information on the length of the lockdown until they have more data next week. I just wanted to reassure all those guests with bookings in May that we have suspended balance payments until we know more information next week about whether your booking will be likely to go ahead or need to be moved. Thank you for being patient with us.
* Update on Tuesday the 7th of April:
Last nights briefing showed an unwillingness to say that we had reached the peak instead focussing on need for more data. This means that we certainly won’t be out of lockdown at the end of this week and we probably won’t be given a potential timeframe until at least next week. Because of this I will wait to contact those guests with bookings in May until the beginning of next week ( WK starting the 13th) when I hope we will have some clearer idea of who’s booking will be impacted.
If you have a May booking and don’t wish to wait don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.
*Update on Tuesday the 31st of March:
The daily briefings are still suggesting that we are not yet near the peak and that we are going to have to expect this to be a long process with the potential of social distancing even after the majority of the pandemic has passed. I will review this information at the beginning of next week and if there is no obvious change, I will be emailing guests with May bookings to rebook them.
* Update on Thursday the 25th of March:
This is just a short message to those who have asked when they can next make a booking for the site. Currently the situation is so uncertain that we are not taking any new bookings until September the 1st. This is a worst case scenario and we are optimistic that we will be reopening in June or July. Please check back here towards the end of this current 3 week lockdown when I will be able to update this information and hopefully bring forward the September date.
Many thanks, Paul
* Update on Monday evening, the 22nd of March:
Dear friends of The Yurt Retreat
Tonights briefing by the Prime minister has now made it very clear that the UK is on lockdown. As such, we will naturally be closing our doors for at least three weeks. It is with heavy hearts that we do this but it is important that we all pay our part in getting as safely as possible to the other side of this virulent disease.
I would like to thank all of our guests who have been patiently navigating this uncertain time with us and will look forward to offering you a wonderful stay again in the near future.
For those guests who are booked for the rest of March and the first half of April, I will be in touch with all of you individually to make alternative arrangements. For those guests booked on holidays starting on Friday the 17th of April or later do feel free to get in touch an discuss your stay.
I will, of course, be keeping abreast of the situation as it evolves and updating this page and getting in touch with any affected guests as and when necessary.
Stay safe and best wishes to all of you at this difficult time.
The Yurt Retreat